Friday, November 6, 2009

France Friday!

Sorry for the delay, but France Friday is back jack! {Yeah I took it back to the early 90's with that one}. Let's see....we've talked about Paris and the attractions it has to offer, where to stay, eat, and play. Now lets talk about how we are going to get there. Obviously we will be flying and since Delta is the airport hub for Atlanta, we will most likely be flying with them.

I have been closely monitoring Delta flight prices to Paris in May for the last couple of months. I must say.....they don't budge. Not.even.a.little. They have been consistently coming in at between $980-$1100.00 each round trip. That is a big bullet to swallow, but I don't want to wait too late before we purchase them. It's a pretty big gamble because the prices can go either way. We are ready to purchase them, whenever we see a good deal. Thankfully we have already saved up the cash for the trip.

Delta offers two types of planes that fly over. They typically leave in the evening. The Delta Boeing 767-300ER and the Boeing 777-200ER. The 767 is the smaller of the planes and the one that I'm more leaning towards. The 767 looks like this:






It's 2 rows, 3 rows, then another 2 rows. I'm a little crazy and don't like it when I have to sit next to someone I don't know on a plane. I have been lucky in this area, but you never know if someone who is extremely sick, or has a small infant, or needs 3 seat belt extensions will be seated next to you. I would just like to sit next to my husband.

The Delta 777 looks like this:



See how it has 3 rows across 3 aisles? Its a bigger plane and it actually gets you to Paris 20 minutes faster. I can deal with the extra 20 minutes as long as we don't have to sit next to someone random. The flight to Paris is 8 hrs and 40min. This will be the longest flight I've ever been on. I know one thing that will make this flight be smooth.....my best friend named benadryl. Don't judge me. A girl has got to do what a girl has got to do. And if sleep is what I want, sleep is what I'll get......lol!


I found a really cool site called seat expert. You basically go to the site, type in your airlines, flight number, and departure date, and wooo-laaaa! It tells you what seats are the best and worst on the plane. Isn't that cool? I love it. It looks like the second row exit seats would work best for us.

We want to spend around 11-12 days on our European excursion. Does anyone have any suggestions on what day to fly out? I've heard Tues and Weds, but the price doesn't seem to change much. I'm not sure. I will definitely keep you posted on what we end up doing. Until later, have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Careful about thoe exit rows on European flights...they are generally directly across from the bathrooms : / So make sure you look and see where the bathrooms are positioned on the plane before booking those seats.

    When traveling to Europe I've always found that leaving on a Thursday was cheaper : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh... i wanna go back to france!!! i love paris!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried the discount websites, you might get lucky and find a good price.

    ReplyDelete