Monday, November 9, 2009

Rihanna on 20/20

On Friday night, I went to dinner with my fantastic hubby {His B-day was last Monday, and he catered to me in bed because I was still sick with the flu}. Anyways, as we were on our way to Carrabba's {I could slice someone for their fresh bread}, I completely forgot to set the tivo to watch the interview.

The blogoshere was buzzin' about this interview, stating that she wasn't going to go into detail about what happened that night with Chris Beat-Her-Down Brown. So this morning, I watched the entire interview on YouTube. I was surprisingly shocked about how open she was. I was just so proud of her. She seemed strong, open, and confident. I really hope it wasn't just a front. I thought she was going to sugar coat the situation and lessen the seriousness of the situation. I was happy to see that she realized the power of her stardom and even stated that she would not be able to live with herself if a young girl decided to go back to an abuser because of her selfish decision to go back to Beat-Her-down Brown { don't you just love that nickname}. After seeing the photo below, I can't see how anyone could feel sorry or empathize with him.


There are NO EXCUSES for this type of behavior. In case you missed the interview, you can see it in its entirety here.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for putting this up! in the first part, i also thought she was gonna try to excuse Chris' behaviour but i'm glad she seems to have put e'thing into perpective now. she's so strong!

    ReplyDelete