Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Natual Hair

Most of you don't know this but.......wait for it.......wait.......I am an addict. Yes I have an addiction. What am I addicted to? HAIR. I'm obsessed with hair. I love all different types of hair. It is fascinating to me. Everyone in this world are alike in many ways, but one difference that no one can argue is hair. The Good Lord blessed us all with different types of hair. I've worn wigs, weaves, hair pieces {you name it; I've worn it}. I view my hair as if it is an accessory. I like to change it up from time to time. My real hair is about shoulder length and its natural. Some of my white brethren may ask well what does natural mean? It means that I don't chemically alter my hair's curl pattern. Just like a perm for Caucasian hair makes it curly, a perm for African-American hair makes it straight.

OK well that was just a quick history lesson in hair, on to the real reason I started this post. I stumbled upon this photo:



Her name is Emerald Angel-Young, she stars in the movie Law Abiding Citizen with Jamie Foxx. She is 10 years old and her hair is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! It looks so healthy and thick. One thing about natural hair is that you have so many options on how you want to wear it. You can wear it curly like above or straight. I'll have more posts and videos to share about hair in the future. Until then, holla!

1 comment:

  1. Your post are so raw and ethnic..love it sis !! I will get some natural loving people to read your blog !!

    ReplyDelete