Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Get Embodied!

We we all know about my obsession with Beyonce and how I vow to work out until my body looks like this {or at least my version of this}.


::Although my appetite over the weekend would beg to differ. I fell off MAY-JAW-LY [in my best British accent]. Yeah brownies, soda, pasta and all!::

Luckily, I only gained a pound with my weekend fiasco. This week I'm going to work extra hard on meeting my goals. I'm trying the lose 1.5 lb's per week. So far so good (except for last week). While perusing another site, I came across some info on what Beyonce does to loose weight. She goes up and down like me. This is one of many reasons why we connect so much.

According to In Touch Weekly, Beyonce's trainer revealed her workout regimen:

“She is performing the best shows of her life and her
body looks amazing,” her trainer and author of Power Moves, Marco Borges, tells
In Touch. “She feels really good about herself, and she’s got a ton of
energy.”Borges reveals the secret to achieving Beyoncé’s incredible physique is
training with health in mind, as opposed to looks. “If you think about being as
healthy as you possibly can, there is no way you’re not going to look like a
million bucks. And that’s what Beyoncé did,” he tells In Touch. Their goal was
to make sure she could run around for two hours onstage without feeling winded
every night. So before the tour, Beyoncé, 28, did interval training — 45 minutes
of alternating between sprinting and running on the treadmill, followed by
body-resistance work. Now, Beyoncé does yoga and Pilates for an hour on show
days and body-resistance exercises on days when she’s not performing. Borges
also tells In Touch that the star eats a sensible 1,600-calorie diet of lean
proteins with healthy carbs. “The truth is, it’s a lot of sacrifice. You have to
push yourself,” Beyoncé has said.

Bey is absolutely right! Pushing yourself is key. This article definitely gives me the inspiration I need {although the pic above is pretty convincing}. Stay motivated peoples! Do you have a work-out plan? I would love to hear it! Leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment