Friday, September 11, 2009

How clean is the soda you drink?

The other day at work, I was thirsty and decided to get some coke zero from the drink fountain. {I actually am a Pepsi fan but we aren't "supposed" to drink Pepsi in the building. If we do, then it needs to be covered in a bag. Yes I am serious and no I don't work for Coke} This is what the drink fountain looks like:

What most people don't know is that this fountain is a bacteria magnet. Most people at my job think I'm a germ freak. {I'm seriously NOTHING compared to my father and sister. They make me look like I love germs} I find it disturbing how dirty this thing gets. One day when I got a cup of water, some brown stuff was floating in it. I immediately threw the water out and tried to throw up the water that I drank {It didn't work}. I felt sick to my stomach all day. By the end of the day, EVERYONE knew what happened to me. Ok enough with the back story. So this is what I do to clean it. I take the valve [the little thing the water or soda comes out of] and dipped it in hot water.


Do you see the floating particles? That is what I was talking about the day I got sick. Gross right? Well brace yourselves for this last picture.

When I wiped the inside, above is what I got. Can you imagine what a restaurant's would look like? This is just for the use of our floor, which is probably about 150 people. Its just sickening! I do this ritual every day. Make sure to look down before you drink!

3 comments:

  1. WOW THAT IS REALLY GROSS !! UGGG...why did I read this post !! I am freaking out right now..you know you must have a touch of OCD sis !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has just stressed me right OUT! Good goo ga mations.. Lord! Is it this nasty Everyday? Jesus be a fence... or some bleach...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gross. Maybe think about how many times I've gotten a drink from a fast food place.

    ReplyDelete