Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Baby Bandwagon

I started this blog because I feel there is a lack of married life blogs. It jumps from wedding blogs to baby blogs all in a matter of months. Now don't get me wrong, children are a blessing from God but I would like to be married for a little while first. It seems like lately everyone gets married and make a baby on the honeymoon. The pressure from my Mother doesn't help the situation. Her "weekly reminders" are quite amusing. I'll share some of those later. I feel as though I'm definitely in the "minority" because the hubbs and I don't want to have children right away.

Looking at pictures like this:

or this,



or maybe even this,

Photo Credit:
BabyRoomBio

make me want to jump on the bandwagon quickly. Its hard not to really get into the baby blogs and/or bios and get sucked into "all things baby". We have several things that we want to do first but its all in the Lord's hands. Am I wrong for feeling this way?

2 comments:

  1. Mom's are great at throwing out "baby hints" aren't they?! :)

    We definitely didn't intend to "get married and make a baby on the honeymoon"...it's just what happened for us. There's no going back now...only to go forward and embrace all the blessings that are coming our way :) My husband and I have been so fortunate to do extensive traveling prior to conceiving {I've been to over a dozen countries alone}, and we have filled a great portion of our life with many of the things that we set out to achieve. Life only keeps getting better - as we are about to fulfill another purpose for which we were created for...parenthood!

    Welcome to the blogging world! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes my Mother's hints are lengardary!

    I think that each couple has to do what works best for them. I think it works perfectly for you two. For us, we want to get to know eachother as "husband & wife", plus travel, buy a new home together (my hubbs already owned a home), etc.... You remember how I was during the wedding planning process, too many decisions to make at one time, I can't handle so that is the reason why we want to wait. There is nothing wrong with having a baby right away, several (almost all) of my friends and family have, but I just don't think its for us. Thats why I feel like I'm in the "monority".

    Blogging isn't as bad as I thought. At first, I was like where am I gonna get the time to update....lol! Thanks though! TTYL :)

    ReplyDelete